Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tortilla Pizzas!

My stepmom made these a lot when I was growing up. They are super easy, fast, delicious, and as I discovered today...really fun for kids to help make! My twist is adding the veggies. I sneak them in wherever I can.

What you need:

-Tomato paste
-Pureed vegetables aka baby food. We used mixed veggies.
-grated cheese of your choice
-toppings of your choice.

Instructions:

1. Lay out some tortillas on a baking sheet. Turn on the broiler.

2. Spread on tomato paste, followed by veggie puree, followed by cheese.

3. Put in the oven for just a few minutes keeping a close eye on them! Broiling is the fastest way, but it doesn't cook them as much on the bottom. I find though, that once I let them cool for 5-10 minutes they firm up a bit. Cut up or serve whole!
my beautiful "sun" :)







No comments:

Post a Comment