Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So, so sick.



Gemma and my littlest sister, Brooke
No literally. I feel like I've been dying a slow and torturous death over the past two days. Gemma and I got a really terrible cold about 3 weeks ago. We missed two weeks worth of music classes and were totally miserable. We went to visit my parents during that time (note the aquarium pictures from our visit!), because I thought that we were getting better...not the case. Gemma seemed to get better, but I got worse and worse. I have never had congestion like that in my life. I couldn't breathe through my nose, smell, taste, and my head felt like I was going to explode. I could hardly hear either!

My dad, Gemma, and Brooke.


Anyways, I started to get better right before I went to Vegas (which was sooo fun!) but I still had a little cough and some congestion lingering around. I was ok until yesterday. Apparently I've had a sinus infection hanging out in my forehead and yesterday it decided to unleash it's power on me. Oh. My. God. I've been dizzy, nauseated, had a fever, have had epic headaches, have had a constantly runny nose, inflamed nasal passages, I've called Brian crying because I couldn't see straight.

Love this. Looks like she's in the tank!
So I was lucky enough to get an appointment with my doctor yesterday at 4, which I'm surprised I even made it to because not only did I have to drive in the rain, but I've basically been having hallucinations for the past two days. Not like Billy Madison where I think I'm being followed by a giant penguin, but like I'm dreaming while I'm awake..completely zoned out. The doctor said I have a pretty bad sinus infection including fluid in my ears so she prescribed me some Flonase and Augmentin (antibiotic).

I go to Rite Aid to pick up my prescription, still feeling like a total loopty loo. I shop a little and then go to inquire about my meds. I'm told that the prescription hasn't come in yet. It's 4:30. So I wait while and go back 20 minutes later to ask again. I'm told it still hasn't come in. On of the Pharms offers to call, she is on the phone for two seconds and says, "Oh their phone system is just so confusing! Sorry I don't have time to wait on hold." This is such BS and I know it because I never have to wait more than a minute to get someone on the line at my Dr's office. I wait another 20 minutes, am told again it still hasn't come in, so I decide to call my Dr's office. They tell me they sent it electronically at 4:30 but they will resend it. I tell one of the Pharms, she says she will look for it. It's now 5:45 and the same Pharm says, "Oh it came in as a fax! You told me it was electronic!" What the hell? I've been there for an hour and 15 minutes and they are just now checking their faxes to double check that my prescription isn't there?? So I have to now wait another 25 minutes for them to fill my prescription. The other Pharms I dealt with have already gone home. When I finally go to pay for my prescription, I ask to see the time stamp on the fax from the Dr's office. 4:30. So A) they lied and said they didn't get the first one and B) I had to wait an hour and 40 minutes sick, with my two year old, for my freaking prescription. You bet they got an earful from me. Never going there again.

So yeah, it's been a fun few days. I am hoping to make some Easter treats for the blog later this week with Gemma provided that I can actually stand for more than 5 minutes at a time :/ I'm a huge baby, I know.

Be HEALTHY.
jill

No comments:

Post a Comment