Monday, March 12, 2012

Cabinet change up.

I'm totally going insane! I have starved creative Jill, and I am paying for it dearly. Creating is my outlet. In my profile I say that if I'm not creating, I'm not living, and that is the honest truth. Because I do suffer from anxiety like so many others that I know, it's important to have an outlet-- that release. I haven't even been pinning for god's sake! It's too painful to look at all of those awesome DIY's knowing that I don't have time to do any of them, let alone create my own. Alas, my days are filled with monotonous tasks like painting trim. Actually, this past week, Gemma and I were deathly ill so I did absolutely nothing but watch the same three episodes of Dora over and over again (blahhhhhhhh.) Anyways, my point of all of this rambling is that I'm going to be posting some small stuff that I've done in the past just to keep my blog going. Nothing too crazy, but little details that can spruce up your space..maybe for Spring? Or maybe you just need a change like I do.

This is a really simple way to add some detail or a splash of color to any room. This piece of furniture is Ikea and the entire back panel comes off in one piece, so it was a really easy DIY. I picked out a pretty wrapping paper from Target, covered it up, and nailed it back on!

Before:


Not exactly the same, but the from the same line at Ikea.


After:






What do you think?

<3 jill

No comments:

Post a Comment