Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why we are selling our house.

Yes, we will be listing the house for sale in the next month hopefully. Brian didn't feel like it was necessary to broadcast it, and initially I agreed with him. But people are going to find out about it either way, and I would like everyone to know the deal, because the truth is, I'm kind of embarrassed about it. After we had so many devoted friends and family members here to help us make this our new home, I feel bad that we didn't last very long here. To all of you who contributed, we truly thank you and will not forget how much hard work you put in to help us make this a home.

The talk of selling originally started when we started having problems with our neighbors. I have really bad anxiety (like anxiety attacks, the whole nine yards), and having daily confrontations with a bunch of teenagers who are twice my size is not my idea of a good time. Coming off of a holiday season from hell, throwing party after party because I'm insane, and putting in hundreds of hours making this place livable, I just couldn't take the extra aggravation. I know a lot of people think I'm nuts for letting this get to me so badly. The problem is that I'm home alone with Gemma for 12 hours a day. When she can't take a nap, she is scared to be in her room because they are so loud, we can't go outside because of the constant screaming of profanities, you can imagine that my day becomes THAT much more difficult. Not to mention the fact that I am terrified of them. I've seen these kids meeting with a drug dealer next to my home, I've had an older cousin of one of the kids threaten to pull a gun on someone right in front of me...can you blame me when I'm home alone with my 2 year old all day?

So when things became unbearable, we called and met with our realtor. She feels that at this moment in the market, we could get quite a bit more for our house than what we paid. So this started a new conversation for us. Why not sell it for the money? We have the advantage of being in a cheaper (but still pretty nice) neighborhood than Castro Valley, we are on a cul de sac, there is a brand new school being built right next to us, and our house is a good size with a patio room that is going to be redone. We knew when we bought this house that it was not our forever home. We bought it as a stepping stone, a way to get a foot in the door.

So the plan is to sell, make a decent amount of money, and move back to the area we really love which is the San Ramon, Danville, Dublin area. We are hoping to use our profit to buy again in a better area before the rates go back up which they are predicted to do in about two years.

Anyways, I hope people understand. This is really the best decision for our family.

In other news, I will pay anyone $10 to come play hockey, basketball, midget tossing..whatever in the park next to our house on Sunday so I don't have to hear those kids while I paint the patio room! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment