Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mother's Day Cards

Hopefully none of my Mothers or Grandmothers check this very often because this blog is about the cards I made for them this year. It was a really fun, super cheap craft and I'm in love with the results. Obviously, these techniques can be applied to making cards for different occasions, too!

 Supplies:

-any white/light colored paper. Thicker paper makes for a better card. I use an artist drawing pad from Walmart.

-stencils from Walmart about $2.50-$3.00 for a pack of 48

-letter stamps and stamp pads from the $1 bins in Walmart's craft area.



-Kleenex or something similar (tp?)

Ready set go!

-fold your paper to the size you want (I will be making my own envelopes to fit my cards)

- hold the stencil down where you want it, dab your kleenex in the ink and then dap it over your stencil. I also lightly rubbed the rest of the paper to give it a little color.

 - use your little alphabet stamps to write what you want.

- add finishing touches..rhinestones or whatever.

Ta-daaaaa! How easy what's that? And it looks awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment